|Devils From The Deep|
|Total Running Time:||TBD|
|Previous Story:||The Handheld War|
A short break on a sunny Hawaiian beach soon turns sinister when a lone soldier approaches them seeking help.
The TARDIS materializes on a beach in Kauai, Hawaii on a clear day, and the Doctor decides that Team TARDIS should enjoy a day at the beach. Before long, however, a dog runs up to them. The Doctor is able to tell that the dog is asking for help, and immediately follows. After passing a small minefield, the Doctor finds a small speedboat containing the dead body of a UNIT officer killed by what would appear to be a Silurian weapon.
Out in the ocean, a small cluster of rigs are visible, and the Doctor, Travis, Milley and the dog (identified as a UNIT officer named Sergeant Puppers), head out in the speedboat. Along the way, however, they are attacked by a giant crab. Travis recalls that crabs are sensitive to light and fires a flare gun in its direction, temporarily blinding it.
They arrive at the rig to find a small troop of UNIT soldiers - Corporals Barton and Hartley, and Sergeant Tombs. The rigs make up PACMISS, the Pacific Missile Control Station, formerly a launch site for a nearby nuclear missile silo, now decommissioned. The troop was there to "Doctor-proof" it, preventing the Doctor from accessing it and denying UNIT future access to the missiles. However, the base is no longer under UNIT control - it has been occupied by the Sea Devils.
To be added
- The Doctor - Riley Silverman
- Travis - Dan Peck
- Millie - Melinda-Catherine Gross
- Roman, Engineer - Michael Nixon
- Game Master, all other characters - Ben Paddon
- Editing and Sound Design - David King
- Theme music arrangement - Drew Krassowski
- Additional music - Luke Baldridge
- Story - Michael Nixon, Ben Paddon
- Producers - Melinda-Catherine Gross, Michael Nixon, Ben Paddon
- Corporal Barton
- Corporal Hartley
- Sergeant Tombs
- Sergeant Puppers
- Sea Devils
- Giant Crab
- Ho (deceased)
- Riley compares the giant crab to the Macra, a race of giant grabs previously encountered by the Second and Tenth Doctors.
- Barton and Sgnt. Puppers reappear in The Russian Worm.
- This is the last of Roman's end-of-episode cameos during season 1.
- Travis later receives the receives the spacetime coordinates for Roman to rescue Millie in Family.
- This is the first serial where the title and album artwork for a forthcoming serial has been revealed ahead of time. They were revealed, along with the release date, by Ben Paddon on June 4th 2019 via Twitter.(Link)
- This serial uniquely uses two pieces of cover art. The first depicts the UNIT patch, while the second shows the Sea Devils - the first use of a classic monster on the cover album art.