Amelia "Millie" Earhart is a Player Character in The Game of Rassilon.
Abduction, travels with the Doctor and Travis
Amelia Earhart, aka "Millie", was taken from her aircraft and placed in a museum in the 51st century as part of an exhibit on "The Cost of Progress", alongside two other individuals from the 1930s. Unlike Travis, who was also plucked from time and space, Millie has Temporal Amnesia (also the name of the in-game trait) preventing her from remembering the circumstances of exactly when and where she was when she was abducted. (The Cost of Progress)
She, along with Travis Killian, were rescued by the Doctor who promised to take her home, though with the TARDIS under the control of a Randomiser that could take some time. After some misadventures, including a brief excursion into her past self's sleeping mind (Lethargica), she became trapped in the Pacific Missile Facility as it was attacked by a giant crab. She would have drowned and died, were it not for Roman rescuing her (Devils From The Deep). Roman ultimately sent her through time to Colony 47, where she became a spokesperson for the Staycation Dome while also working with Russell Turner to protect temporal refugees. (Getaway)
Death and Legacy
Millie's death continued to echo through the Doctor and Travis' time on the TARDIS together. Travis and the Doctor were deeply affected by her loss, with Travis opting to incorporate the jacket she bought at Meat Station One into his attire. (Active Decay)
When Roman died, he gave Travis an envelope containing the space-time coordinates of Millie aboard the Pacific Missile Facility, and instructed him to give that to him at the right moment. Travis later gave this envelope to a younger Roman, allowing him to rescue her. (Both Ends Burning)
Personality and Traits
Millie has a fast, antiquated speech pattern. She frequently refers to the Doctor as "Madame Doctor", and would respond to unfortunate or hazardous situations with a sarcastically chipper "Well this is a fine how-do-you-do!" She has an aptitude for flying machines, including starships.
She was wearing aviation gear including a leather jacket when she was picked up. She accidentally left her jacket at the museum in The Cost of Progress, but replaced it with a vaguely futuristic-looking variant in The Handheld War.
Her in-game traits include Brave, Hot Shot and Percussive Maintenance. She was given the trait Temporal Amnesia at the start of The Cost of Progress, but this was removed following the events of Lethargica.
- The Cost of Progress
- The Edge of Discovery / Where Angels Fear To Trek
- The Handheld War
- Devils From The Deep
- Roman Holiday
Behind the Scenes
- The Fifth, Eighth and Thirteenth Doctors have alluded to previous misadventures with Amelia Earhart.
- At the live show at Gallifrey One: 30 Years in the TARDIS in 2019, Melinda-Catherine Gross revealed she has something of a potty-mouth, and that her frequent swears tend to be edited out of the podcast.
- At the same live show, a gag about whether Gross could make the entire 90-minute show without swearing came to a head when, about 45 minutes in, she accidentally dropped an F-bomb. The group joked about possibly adding a swear jar to future live shows.
- Millie's given date of death by the Time Lords - 1932 - contradicts real-world history, but is consistent with the date given in the Torchwood episode Out of Time.
- Millie's character was written out of the show as a result of Melinda-Catherine Gross no longer participating in the podcast as of season 2.
|Companions of the Doctor|
|Dan!Doctor||Carrie • Lita|
|Riley!Doctor||Millie • Travis • Roman • Carrie|
|Previous Doctors||Adric • Gunther • Romana|
|Live Show Companions
Not considered canonical
(Listed in order of first appearance)
|Jack Harkness • Donna Noble • K9 • River Song • Peri • Amy Pond • Nardole • Turlough • Rory Williams • Mandy's Dad, Eddie • King James I / Missy • The War Ian • The War Tegan • The War Craig & The Oncoming Stormageddon|