The Game of Rassilon Live! 2021 took place on March 27th 2021 on the Game of Rassilon YouTube channel. It was the second live show, after Roll for Initiative, to feature the players as their podcast characters, and the live show debut of Châu Kate Lê as Carrie Vu. It also centered around the character Fnarg, who had gone missing. His son, Grarg, was trying to find him.
- Riley Silverman as the Doctor
- Dan Peck as Travis
- Châu Kate Lê as Carrie
- Michael Nixon as Grarg
- Ben Paddon as the Game Master
- Henri Benreigh
- Martin Freeman
- Blue Box gunmen
- Fnarg first appeared in The Cost of Progress, and reappeared in The Inside Job. Since the events of the latter story, Fnarg has moved to the planet Trope and started a family.
- Fnarg's son, Grarg, is investigating his disappearance. Grag was born when he budded off of Fnarg.
- Transmat is a common teleportation method in Doctor Who. The term made its debut in The Ark in Space, though the technology arguably dates back to the appearance of T-Mat in The Seeds of Death.
- This is the first ever streaming show put on by the podcast. It was decided to do a free streaming show due to the postponement of 2021's Gallifrey One event to the following year.
- This is Châu Kate Lê's first appearance in a live show.
- Prior to the stream beginning, a "starting shortly" screen was displayed, looping the "Previously On..." music by Luke Baldridge. This is the third time in the show's history that the theme has been used in full, and the first time where it was not used to score an episode.
- The team used Skype for this live show -- at several points, DM messages appear over players' webcam feeds during the game.
- Blue Box is both a reference to the Blue Apron brand of delivered meals and to the TARDIS itself. As a sort-of joke, the boxes are slightly smaller on the inside and thus cannot contain all of their ingredients.
- Martin Freeman is named for the British actor of the same name. Freeman has never appeared in Doctor Who.
- Freeman is the third character named for real-world persons, and the second named for an actor. The previous characters were Captain Greg Kinnear, who was named for the actor of the same name, and Russell Turner, whose name is a combination of past Doctor Who executive producers Russell T Davies and John Nathan-Turner.
Everything Must Go • Nightmare in Toontown • Universe on Fire • The Sontaran Invasions • Blood from a Stone • Human Nature • The End of History • Cold Comfort
Doctor Who Day Special: The Enemy Within
Live Show: The Search for Fnarg • Patreon: The Game of Classilon • Special: The Buzzard’s Treasure
Behind the Screen